The 2023-2024 membership for TNHSRA and NHSRA will open August 1st.
Both the national & state memberships will be processed on-line through the NHSRA website.
We also encourage parents or grandparents to become adult members of TNHSRA in order to get involved and to participate in serving our kids as a voting member, board member, event director, or officer. To become an adult member, please print the membership form from our FORMS/DOCUMENTS page and return to the rodeo office with your payment.
The first step will be to go the National High School Rodeo Association website (nhsra.com) after August 1st and click on “Register/Login” at the top right hand side of the screen.
Every RENEWING member (including those coming up from Jr. High or transfering from another state) already has an account. Your username should be “Last_First” (for example, Smith_John).
If you have not used the system or do not remember your password, click on “forgot password”. You will get an e-mail with instructions to re-set it. If you do not get an e-mail, please send an e-mail to email@example.com for assistance.
If you are a NEW member (ie, have NEVER joined NHSRA before), you will login on the right side of your screen.
There will be an instructional video to help you through the process at the login screen.
Once you are logged on, review the information that is already in the system and make any corrections or additions.
*You will need to print the Membership Application and the Minor’s Release.
Both the Release and Application must be signed by BOTH parents and contestant.
The Release also must be notarized with the contestant's as well as BOTH parents' signatures (even if divorced. If one parent is deceased or there is sole custody, you MUST make a note of it on the form; the national office will not process your membership without this). PLEASE HAVE THE NOTARY WRITE ALL 3 SIGNATURES IN THE SPACE AS APPEARING BEFORE HIM OR HER WHEN NOTARIZED!!!
MUST HAVE ALL THESE PAPERS SIGNED & NOTARIZED CORRECTLY, AS SPELLED OUT ABOVE IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED.
Once signed, both of the documents need to be uploaded to your account. You can upload these forms as a pdf or a picture.
You will also need to upload the last school report card. If you homeschool, you will also need to upload the Home School Verification Form. https://nhsra.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Home-School-Form.pdf
At the same time, you are going through this paperwork process, you will pay your annual dues online.
National High School Rodeo Association annual dues: $124
Tennessee High School Rodeo Association annual dues: $65
(NHSRA will charge a small service fee.)
You will receive a monthly subscription of the NHSRA Times magazine, be eligible for many scholarships, have sponsor opportunities, compete with other youth rodeo contestants, and compete to earn a position on the TN National Team that will compete at the NHSFR in Gillette, Wyoming, July 16-22.
To be eligible to compete with us, both of these dues and forms must be completed prior to entering your first TNHSRA rodeo.
If you live outside of TN, a one time transfer request will be required. If it is the first time for you to rodeo with TNHSRA (jr high or high school), a transfer request will be generated automatically. If you rodeoed with TNHSRA (jr high or high school) last year, you will not need another transfer.
Once generated, the office of NHSRA will contact both National Directors (the one from the state you are transferring from as well as the one from the state you are transferring to) to sign your form. If you have any questions regarding this, contact us via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone @901-412-1689.
HERE'S A CHECKLIST:
-Update your profile on NHSRA's member site
-Pay your national & state dues online on NHSRA's member site
-Print your membership form & your release form.
-Upload 3 forms:
1- Signed Membership Form (contestant & BOTH parents or note reason if only one)
2- Signed & Notarized Form (contestant & BOTH parents or note reason if only one)
3- Last Report Card
4- IF YOU HOMESCHOOL, also upload the Homeschool Verification Form
-You are then ready to enter your first rodeo! No need to mail in any forms or upload any other forms.
There will be a mandatory meeting at the first rodeo
where we will briefly go over rules & information you need to know.
This is going to be an awesome year.
We look forward to seeing you there!
This will be the main form of communicating official information.
Our Facebook page is only meant to complement our TNHSRA website. For example, we intend to post when entry forms are available, but contestants are still responsible for checking the website for entries. The Facebook page will be used for one-way communication from the officers/board to contestants and families. If you haven’t liked our page yet, please do.
(Tennessee High School Rodeo Association)
If you have any questions, please email our secretary Bebe Wilder at email@example.com with your questions or a message for her to call you.
- All entries will be on-line. A link to the entry form will be on this website under the "Schedule/Entry/Points" page. An effort is made to have entries up 4 weeks prior to the given rodeo with a deadline of approximately two weeks before the rodeo.
-Once you complete the entry, you will be given a total amount due, and you will be sent an e-mail confirmation. If you do NOT receive a confirmation, please e-mail the secretary at TNHSRA@yahoo.com to confirm your entry.
- You will pay the FULL amount you owe at check-in (Entry Fees, Stalls, Hookups, and any other fees). - You can make changes to your entry during the period that the books are open. No changes are allowed once the books are closed. All deadlines will be clearly marked on the website.
- If a contestant enters but does not show, he/she must pay the full balance due before being allowed to enter the next rodeo.
- TNHSRA will charge a $35 fee for any returned checks. This fee along with the amount of the check must be paid before competing at the next rodeo.
- We are able to accept credit and debit cards to pay fees at check-in (as long as we have cell service). There will be a 3% fee for payment processing.
- TNHSRA will be charging a “$25 gate fee” for most rodeos which will be assessed on the entry form. This is in lieu of individual tickets onsite.
- The fee will show on the entry form for each contestant. However, it is PER FAMILY and will be adjusted at check-in if you have more than one contestant in your family.
- Admission for any family members (parents & siblings) of the contestant will be covered under the fee.
- Producers for each rodeo will be given the option of charging for tickets, as normal, for other spectators.
- Contestants will be given a paper back number at the first rodeo. A suggestion would be to laminate this number as it may be your number for several years.
- We attempt to assign returning contestants the same back number.
- If a contestant loses or forgets their back number, the secretary will have 1 extra, but after that a $10 fee will be charged for the replacement. Only official TNHSRA back numbers can be used at our rodeos.
-Contestants will have the option to order felt back numbers at the first rodeo for $20.
We will have one major fundraising during the year as well as an awards fee which is due mid season in order to compete at state finals. Please see our handbook for details. We will give more details regarding these things at the beginning of our season.
TNHSRA taking the trophy at the KYHSRA joint rodeo in Murray, KY.
Team TN winning the Southeast Showdown Varsity Cinch Cup Rodeo in Perry, GA.